Underdog Stahlmen to Face Second Place Dartmouth at Hanover Today

Freshmen Meet Governor Dummer at South Byfield

Making a desperate attempt to hit their stride after the devastating appearance they made against the Tigers Saturday, the Varsity baseball team will journey to Hanover to meet the Dartmouth Indians in the second of a two-game home-and-home series today.

To scalp the Indians, the Stahlmen must improve their fielding to a great degree over Saturday's showing, when Captain Fred Keyes looked like a croquet wicket around his shortstop position, turning up with three errors. Also, the team will have to pull itself out of its present hitting slump to keep up with the slugging Indians.

The Crimson batters will have to face George Sexton, who defeated them 9 to 3 last week. The ace Dartmouth twirler has a joint hold on the league record of 14 strike-outs, and will be a tough man for the Harvard pitchers to beat. Coach Floyd Stahl will start Charlie Brackett or Burgy Ayres.

Dartmouth is now in a position to take over first place from the Ithacans, who have held it securely thus far. They have won six and lost two, as opposed to the Harvard records of three wins and five losses, and the Cornell showing of seven wins and three defeats.

The Freshmen face Governor Dummer at South Byfield today, and Huntington School at Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock tomorrow. They are rated the winners in both of these encounters after their massacre of Exeter last week.