Eli Cindermen Foresee Toss-up Tomorrow

"We don't consider ourselves to be favorites," commented Yale Coach Charlie Hoyt, "but it's our final meet and we're going to shoot the works."

Captain Bob Owen's Blue cindermen are not at top strength for the annual Yale-Harvard track meet to be run on the Eli track tomorrow. Comprehensives and final exams have wreaked havoc with the daily practice sessions, high hurdler Dick Osborne is still suffering from the leg injury he received last week, and consequently may not run, and the Elis' showing in the Princeton and Ivy League meets has not been too encouraging.

Despite this black outlook, there is a determination in the Blue camp to wind up the season successfully by repeating the 1940 triumph. Bob Owen will be out to conclude his college career with blue ribbons as he faces Pirnie in 100 and 220 yard dashes; running with him will be Talbott, and Rothschilds. In the hurdles, injury to Osborne may end the Blue supremacy, although sophomores Green and Sargent will be running for the Blues.

On the basis of performances this season and in the winter meet against the Cantabs, Yale looks hot in the distance. Pfeiffenbetger, Adams, and Big Three Cross Country Champ Bill Bird will be Coach Hoyt's nominees in the two mile run, while Mal Main will lead the Blue forces in the mile.

Plucky Jim Ord will be backed by Ashton and Crowley in the 880, after Ellis makes the Blue bid for the crown in the 440.

Yale's hopes in the field events are high as a result of the records in the meets so far. Outstanding threat to Crimson hopes will be Vince Carpenter whose 168 foot 11 inches hammer heave snagged a first at the Penn Relays.