10 NATIONAL SCHOLARS IN SENIOR CLASS TO RECEIVE GRADUATE STUDY AWARDS

Men to Study in 4 Fields; Maximum Stipend is $1,200

Ten Senior honor students, and holders of undergraduate National Scholarships for the last four years will receive graduate National Scholarships to study in the Graduate Schools of Medicine, Law, Engineering, and Arts and Sciences, the University announced today.

Based on a sliding scale in proportion to the individual need, the scholarships carry a stipend of $1,200. Now in their fourth year, these latest graduate awards bring the total of winners up to 26.

The Seniors receiving the scholarships are:

Wiley F. Barker, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, who is concentrating in bio-chemistry, and will attend the Medical School.

John A. Bradshaw, of Ann Arbor, Michigan, member of the Glee Club, secretary of the Harvard Classical Club, who is concentrating in classics and sociology, and will attend the Graduate School of Enginering.

Roger E. Clapp, of Indianapolis, Indiana, who is concentrating in physics and will attend the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Julian C. Eisenstein, of Warrenton, Montana, Second Marshal of Phi Beta Kappa, who is concentrating in mathematics, and will attend the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Robert D. Forsberg, of Hudson, Ohio, music arranger for the University Band, who is concentrating in music and will attend the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Morris E. Hurley Jr., of Berkeley, California, who is concentrating in government, and will attend the Law School.

Robert B. Loftfield, of Euclid, Ohio, who is concentrating in chemistry and will attend the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Jere J. Nelson, of Portland, Oregon, member of Phi Beta Kappa, who is concentrating in biochemistry and will attend the Medical School.

George R. Stange, of Chicago, Illinois, member of Phi Beta Kappa, an editor of the student magazine "Progressive," who is concentrating in history and literature and will attend the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

Joseph H. Summers, of Madisonville, Kentucky, member of the Glee Club, who is concentrating in English and will attend the Graduate School of Arts