Student Council Announces Its Nominations This Friday

NOMINATING COMMITTEE PLANS TO COLLECT ALL PETITIONS THIS WEEK

Preliminary nominations for Junior and Sophomore positions on the Student Council will be announced Friday night it was revealed yesterday by Langdon p. Marvin, Jr. '41, president of the Student Council.

All petitions, signed by 35 members of the nominee's class, will be received in the Council office at Phillips Brooks House up to Friday at 8 o'clock to nominate a Sophomore or Junior for the Council elections. Elections will probably be held on June 4 or 5.

The Council Nominating Committee, consisting of the Seniors on the Council, excluding the officers, five Juniors, and four Sophomores, will meet in the Council office today at 8:30 o'clock to nominate for the '42 and '43 elections.

Nominating Committee

The Nominating Committee, as named by Marvin, will include the following Seniors: Benjamin A. Barnes, Charles Glifix, Alan Gottlieb, David D. Henry, Henry Hornblower 2nd, Spencer A. Klaw, Joseph P. Lyford, and Homer D. Peabody.

Juniors: William Munson, Peter Dammann, William Wesselhoeft, William Parsons, and John Eberie.

Sophomorest Caleb Loring Doug Pirnic, Joseph Scott, and Dana Reed.

The announcement of the nominations, after the merging of the petition's and the nominating committee's names, will be publicized without any distinction as to the method of nomination.

Chance for More Petitions

After the nominations are first posted, four days shall be allowed for additional nominations by petitions signed by 35 of the nominee's class. The three retiring officers of the Student Council, Marvin, E. Langdon Burwell '41, treasurer, and Seth Crocker '41, secretary, shall have charge of the election.

Following the election of the nine members of the new Council within the next week they shall meet and by their votes choose the eight additional members to serve on the Council next year.

Before the close of the academic year the entire new Council, composed of the two groups of elected Council men, shall meet for the election of officers. The 17 members of the Council must include at least one representative from each of the Houses, two members from the non-House group, one of whom must be a non-resident of the College.