UNIVERSITY WILL GIVE 2,200 DEGREES

Baccalaureate Sermon on Sunday Inaugurates Week

Approximately 2,200 degrees will be awarded at the 290th Commencement of Harvard's 305th year on Thursday, June 19, as the climax of a week full of the activities connected with the closing of the College year. President Conant's Raccalaureate Sermon on Sunday, June 15, signifies the opening of the week, and the last official function occurs the following Friday with the meeting of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.

On Monday is scheduled the Senior Spread, which will be held in Lowell House with Gene Krupa providing the music. Wednesday is Class Day, which will be celebrated by some 50 classes dating back 70 years. Most of these will join in the colorful procession to the Stadium in the afternoon, where the Ivy orators will speak. At 3:30 o'clock the baseball team is scheduled to oppose Yale.

Dean Sperry will open the Commencement Day program Thursday with the Senior Class Chapel Service at 9 o'clock. One hour later the academic procession will march to the Sever quadrangle, headed by Reginald Fitz '06, University Marshal. The traditional Commencement Parts will open the ceremonies, after which President Conant will award degrees to graduating students and present the much-speculated honorary degrees.