"We're Rich"

Ten per cent of the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes have failed to return this year for one national emergency reason or another. This is not only true for Harvard, but for Yale, and even lesser colleges like Princeton. In fact, it is probably fair to say that this percentage is the average death rate for institutions of higher learning all over the United States.

Think what that means, you 90 per cent of last year's upperclassmen who are still tied to the apron strings of Mother Fortune! It means that the College Graduate, a hitherto highly exploited commodity that used to drug the market a hundred and fifty thousand strong every year, now has ten per cent more bargaining power! Instead of 150,000 young world-changers, all string-pulling, relative-bothering, contact-casting, desperately making appointments to impress 150 personnel managers, the situation will practically be reversed. And why? Because the national emergency has cut you down to 148,500 world-changers. Ten percent less graduate; ten per cent more are drafted from business. That leaves 120 per cent more jobs for 90 per cent of the usual number competing for them. You will have the employer begging you to work for him at tremendous salaries, and praying at night for more flat-footed graduates. So stay in college and get rich.

If you are not drafted, and you still don't believe this--just ask the Economics Department.