SOCCERMEN PLAN PRE-SEASON GAME WITH BRITISH MARINES

Champion English Team to Meet Varsity Wednesday

Late last night arrangements were made for the Varsity soccer team to make its debut next Wednesday afternoon in an unofficial match with the Royal Marines of the British Navy.

Captain Jack Penson discussed the matter with Edward Jones of the British cruiser "Newcastle" and if the contest receives the approval of Coach Jim MacDonald and the officers of the British vessel, the battle will be held next week before the opening game with Tufts.

The British team is one of the best in the service, having won its last important game in Buenos Aires by the phenomenal score of 16 to 1. Penson not only expects the visitors to be the best team his aggregation will meet all season but expect to benefit from the meeting by gaining valuable experience from his untried unit.

After three days of vigorous practice and scrimmage, the Varsity is beginning to shape up but no assignments have been made for the unfilled position. Coach MacDonald appears satisfied with his charges and anticipates a difficult but promising season.

Folly Guyda, who has begun his first season as Freshman coach after several years of mentoring the Jayvees, is in the midst of unveiling material from his candidates. Approximately 40 Yardlings registered for the sport during the first two days and the roster is increasing daily.

From those who have graduated comes word that Lew Vorley, inside on last year's Varsity, is now serving in the British Navy from Bermuda.