Freshmen May Enter in February; PBH to Be Open This Summer

College Admits Men Accepted Last Year

As the first step in its policy of speeding up its curriculum, the University will admit a limited number of new Freshmen after midyears, the Committee on Admissions revealed yesterday.

The New Freshmen, technically members of the Class of '46, will be able to obtain their degrees by June, 1944, if they take full advantage of the College's emergency 12-month schedule.

Only a small number of men will be able to qualify for admission in February, and most of them will be students who were accepted by the College last spring but who for one reason or another did not enter here this fall, she Dean's Office said.

This fall, as in the past, a number of students decided to take a year out between school and college. Rather than make them wait until next September, the College has decided to permit them to come here in February so that they can complete their education before they are called to the services.

Upper Seventh Admitted

In addition the College will admit men this February from those high schools which are included in the upper-seventh plan and which graduate students in the winter.

The number of men admitted under this arrangement will be necessarily small, however, since the upper-seventh plan is restricted to public high schools in the West, the South, and in certain rural districts in the East, and only a few of these schools permit students to finish their programs in the middle of the year.

Offering no entrance examinations at midyears, the College will require all other students to wait until spring when they will be admitted under the emergency entrance requirements recently announced by the Committee on Admissions.

A larger number of men be admitted in February, 1943, officials explained for by then schools and college will have coordinated curricula and adjusted entrance requirements more satisfactorily to emergency conditions.