'POON WORSTS DON'T ANGER GRABLE, LAKE

Cinema Response Missing To Magazine Denunciation

After years of angry rebuttal to the Lampoon's annual selection of the worsts of the year, Hollywood has thus far remained uniquely silent in the face of the publication of the latest hate list by the proverbially funny college magazine.

This year, as every year, Lampy came forth with its list of Hollywood's worst of 1941. But unlike every other year, the denunciation, which included Betty Grable and Veronica Lake among other poor unfortunates, has not raised any authoritative answering blast from the Coast. It has been suggested that film people are becoming hardened to the annual anathema roll, and that a permanent end has come to the happy little tussles between the 'Poen and the stars.

Miss Grable walked away with the Lampoon's votes for the year's consistently worst performance. Though she made no attempt at self-defense, Miss Grable found many ardent partisans among Harvard men, most of whom insisted that acting is a subtle combination of many things besides voice and facial expression.

"Worst discovery of the year" was the designation given Miss Lake of the hidden right eye. "Hudson's Bay" headed the list of the year's worst pictures, with "Wild Geese Calling" and "Belle Star" following in the list of 10.

Lampy was sick, too. He was "nauseated" by Rudy Vallee's singing of "As If You Didn't Know."