Flynn May be Starting Back

Comerford, Fisher Return to Squad

By Irvin M. Horowitz

Though Jack Comerford, ace Freshman passer, was one of a quartet that returned to the fold from the injured list, it seems probable that Leo Flynn, former Everett High and Seton Hall Star, will open the game at tailback.

L. Flynn has come along well during the past week, and his showing in the William & Mary game Saturday was far better than any previous effort.

Jack Fisher and Comerford participated in light drill yesterday, and were limbering up, but there is no guarantee that they will be in shape to see much service against the Big Green. Swede Anderson, regular blocking back, and Dick Anderson, second-string center, also were back in togs after a one-day vacation because of sight illnesses.

No scrimmage was included on the bill, but Harlow spent a lot of time with his kickers, and paid special attention to defenses against Dartmouth plays. The punting problem is somewhat serious. The A squad, as it now stands, has no kicker of proven talent, and Harlow tried Bill Wilson, Leo Flynn, and even. Bill Barnes in a search for a booter.

Leo Flynn Passes Well

In the passing drill, Leo Flynn was unveiled as a better-than-average tosser. All the hullabaloo about Flynn's running ability has overshadowed his passing talent, which is not inconsiderable. Next to Comerford (and that name has two r's) he is probably the most accurate passer on the squad.

Paul Perkins is still first string fullback, and George Hibbard appears to have taken over Stan Durwood's left tackle slot. If Comerford is not ready Saturday, Leo Flynn will probably start at tailback.

Team A: le, Barnes, lt, Hibbard; lg, Gudaitis; c, Andersen; rg, Kamp; rt, Stannard; re, Cummings; qb, Anderson; wb, Wilson; tb, L. Flynn; fb, Perkins;

Team B: le, W. Flynn, Boston; lt, Durwood; lg, Mroz; c, Lawson; Gardiner; rg, Kleinman, rt, W. Fisher; re, Garland, Dudley; qb, Goethals; wb, O'Donnell; tb, Richards; fb, Johnson