LEVERETT HOUSE RADIO BROADCASTS FROM SECRET STUDIO NEXT FRIDAY

'Good' Music Will Be Featured by Network

A week from today the voice of a mysterious radio will go on the air for the members of Leverett House. The location of the hidden broadcasting unit has been a carefully guarded secret and is known to very few. The operators will only reveal that their studios are "some-where" in Mather Hall.

Although all technical data is not yet available, it is believed that Station WLP will be tuned to 990 on your dial. After a week of extensive testing, the technicians are still uncertain as to whether all members of McKinlock Hall will be able to pick up the station.

Study to Music

It was all started by two Bunny Hutchers who were bothered by those nights on which "you just can't study." They remembered that somebody had said something about doing calisthenics to music. "Why not study to music--the very best of music? As a matter of fact, let's see how many Leverett men we can put on the Dean's List," they mused.

The stage was set. Under cover of war-time secrecy the World Wide Leverett Philharmonic Broadcasting System was born. Free from the horrors of commercials, the network will devote itself primarily to the best classical music, although "exceptional programs of popular music and other significant broadcasts" will be put on the air. "Music 1 Men will find radio station WLP almost a sure way to a B," claim the sponsors.

Includes 5000 Records

Leverett House listeners will be able to hear the static less broadcasts of frequency modulation stations through the facilities of WLP. Special high fidelity recordings made through the courtesy of the American Broadcasting System, the National Broadcasting System, and the British Broadcasting are among the 5000 records in the Leverett station's library.

If one were to accidentally stumble into either of WLP's two studios he would find himself amid a mass of transmitting equipment. Wires, control panels, dials, knobs, switches, tubes, and microphones--they're all there.

To pick up the frequency modulation broadcasts the network has a Meissuer FM All-Wave Receptor. Two special recording machines and amplifiers plus three turntable assure perfect synchronization. In addition to this equipment, the network has two special dual speed turntables which are able to play electrical transcriptions as well as regular recordings.

WLP will inaugurate its career next Friday afternoon by broadcasting a concert by the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra, probably under the direction of Engene Ormandy, from the Philadelphia Academy of Music. Friday night listeners will hear the Boston Symphony Orchestra under Serge Koussevitzky. In the near future WLP hopes to be able to present a recording of Shostakovitch's Seventh Symphony.