ROTC PARADES TO PRACTICE FOR ARMY TILT

Will Replace West Pointers For Saturday's Ceremonies

With West Point Cadets unable to participate in the pre-game ceremonies tomorrow, members of Harvard's military organization who are going to take their place, have been busy with preparations and yesterday marched from the Yard led by the massed battalions of the ROTC.

The Field Artillery Cadets, half of whom are new recruits, marched down Boylston Street to Soldiers Field followed by the Quartermaster Corps Cadets from the Business School, the Crufts electricians, the chaplains, and the singing statisticians.

Aided by Band

Mufti-clad members of the Harvard Band met the marchers at the field and broke into martial music. By the reviewing stand, the battalions drawn up in their positions, rehearsed cheers for "Har-vud" and "Ar-may."

Then, as if by magic and to the mystification of some of the marchers themselves, the battalions executed about face without any audible commands having been given.

Then they rushed to seats in the stands, at a signal from an officer on the top of the Stadium, filling the entire sections from one through three. They were cautioned by their commander, Colonel Francis A. Doniat, professor of Military Science and Tactics, "remember, we must leave room for the Navy." This remark was greeted with "Oh, yea," from several Freshmen.