Varsity Harriers Will Run in Big Three Contest Today

Crimson Travels to New Haven for Race

Although beaten by Dartmouth last week, the Crimson cross country men are journeying to New Haven today with hopes of thwarting the ambitions of Yale and Princeton for the Big Three title.

Yale will field a very tough team, headed by Roy Schwartzkopf, indoor two mile IC4A champion and brother of the famous Michigan miler, Ralph Schwartzkopf, and Captain Bill Bird, last year's Big Three champ.

Despite lack of real competition, Princeton has come along with a very good outfit, including Ed Bragdon and Frank Carolan and augmented by two harriers from last year's top-notch Freshman tea, Paul Fenton and Perry Munroe.

Crimson Lineup the Same

The Crimson lineup will remain unchanged from last week. Jaakko Mikkola is satisfied with the form that Bill Palson, Captain Fred Phinney and Tim Coggeshall exhibited in the meet with Dartmouth.

Both Yale and Princeton have the advantage of having run in several more meets than the Crimson this year. Yale has beaten Wesleyan and Manbattan, but was thoroughly trounced by NYU last week. The Orange and Black has taken the measure of Rutgors, Penn and Columbia, in that order.

Besides this, the Bulldog harriers are running on their home course, which is one of the most gruelling in the country.

The Jayvees will also face the Yale Jayvees at New Haven this afternoon. Henry Mason and North Munch have won particular praise and will probably star