Comeford Completed Half His Passes, Bill Miller Led Penn on the Ground

Crimson Slow to Click at First But Makes Comeback

When the Crimson passing attack began to click in the second half, it made a runaway rout seem nearer to a real contest . . . The statistics prove that to be no illusion . . . Jackie Comeford threw ten of Harvard's 21 attempted tosses completing five for a .500 average and 73 yards gained . . . To top this he carried the ball three times for 29 more yards and a running average of 9.6 yards, to which might be added Johnson's 20-yard pass which Jack brought in.

The other Varsity backs were led by Johnson's 11 carries for a 3.1 average, Wilson's 10 for 4.1, and O'Donnell's seven for a 4.7 average . . . For Penn, Bill Miller averaged 8.2 yards per try on 13 carries, Bert Stiff 3.3 for 16 chances, and Bob Odell 3.1 on six tries.

Repeat on Reverse

For the entire first period the Crimson failed to possess the ball on the offensive side of the 50-yard stripe . . . It was the same story for the visitors in the last quarter when the losing Harvards dominated the play.

Post-game gossip about lack of variety at the crucial moments when the Crimson stood before Penn's goal-line can be discounted . . . The Varsity ran eight running plays, tossed four passes, and worked a double shift inside the Penn 20 . . . Ironically, the team stalled on the two and the three but scored from the 27-yard line . . . George Boston, the Freshman who caught Comeford's six-pointer, made his Varsity debut with his thumb in a cast . . . It will take the movies to reveal how he managed to hold the ball with two defenders on his back.