Radcliffe Displays Newest Talent At Annual PBH Tea

Blonde Miss Gives Out Revealing Data

Something new has been added. That is the seasoned opinion of a man who has taken every opportunity to sip tea and wander through receiving lines since that terrifying day at the beginning of his Freshman year when he wandered into Phillips Brooks House with a little tag on his coat.

Competition was never tougher than on Monday afternoon. Desperately trying to outwit fellow upperclassmen (the Freshmen were definitely outnumbered) he saw that in order to meet any girls at all he would have to get an angle. He decided to use the good name of the CRIMSON (a newspaper, $6.00 a year, $7.00 mailed.)

Springfield Lass Chosen

Carefully combing the room for subject matter, he unanimously chose Sue Hagler '46, of Springfield, as the girl most likely to succeed at Harvard.

After leading her away from a coterie of equally observant autograph-seekers, he got his first closeup of Radcliffe's 1946 model. Blue-eyed with pleasantly blonde hair and a sloppily fitting pink sweater, Sue is a far cry from the heavyshoed, long-haired Amazon of former days.

She chose Radcliffe because of its excellent faculty and library facilities. Also mentioned were the Penn game, the Beachcomber, and Harvard's "smooth" upperclassmen.

Impressed by her youthful innocence, our interviewer discreetly steered the conversation away from any mention of the Dirty Thirty and other coarser aspects of Radcliffe life. Subjects discussed were Jack Comeford, Tech dances, and Miss Hagler's cello.

The story ends here, but its sequel may be found this afternoon at P.B.H. at 4 o'clock, when a now batch of Harvard's intellectual sisters will eat cookies with Freshmen.