Bunnies House Champions After 7-0 win Over Eliot

Commuters Lose to Funster Team, 13-0

Driving to a touchdown in the last 40 minutes of play the Leverett Bunnies became 1942 champions of the House football league with a 7 to 0 win over the Eliot House eleven yesterday afternoon.

For the second time in as many games Dick Jason, Bunny fullback, scored the winning goal for his team. He carried the ball in the touchdown against Winthrop which brought Leverett into first place three days ago.

Early in the first period the underdog Elephants threatened with a drive to the four-yard line, sparked by Dick Chenoweth at fullback and halfbacks Pete Dorsey and Dick Coe. The Bunny line not only held them there, however, but pushed the Elephants back, taking possession of the ball on the eleven-yard line.

Bunnies Threaten in Third Quarter

Leverett made its first threat in the third quarter when the Bunnies brought the ball to the Eliot two-yard line. They actually carried the ball across the goal line, but a fumble ruined the play and the Elephants took the ball. Finally in the last period the Leverett team brought the ball to within the five-yard line after some fine running by Danny Garelick, and Jason took it over from there.

Al Aldrich played his usual fine game for the Bunnies at end, while Walt Persons, whom the Bunnies are grooming for all-House center, sparked the line. Ted Brooks, place-kicker, performed as he has all season as an extra point specialist, giving the Bunnies the final point.

For the Elephant eleven the backfield trio of Chenoweth, Dorsey, and Coe, directed by quarterback Blackeby, led the defense. In the line guard Jack Corrigan stood out with his fine defensive play.

Dunster Beats Dudley

In the other game of the afternoon the Dunster Funsters boat Dudley Hall's Ramblers by a score of 13 to 0. Leo Sosman led the Dunster team, scoring both touchdowns and sparking the strengthened Funster running attack.

Scoring in both the first and third period the Dunster eleven showed considerable superiority over the Ramblers, in spite of the Dudley team's valiant defensive efforts, sparked' by the fine tackling fullback Steve Gilman.