GIRLS JOIN MEN IN VITAL WAR WORK

Volunteers Needed to Help Out Interceptor Command

A battery of photographers, stenographers, and military intelligence officers will be on hand Monday night at 7 o'clock in Cabot Hall, Radcliffe, to recruit Harvard and Radcliffe volunteers for confidential work in the First Fighter Command.

Characterized by General Hugh Drum, commander of the Second Army, as "the most important work that a civilian can do" the work will release soldiers who are badly needed in other vital work. Over 100 Harvard students and a great number of faculty have already volunteered for the interceptor jobs, and fifty Radcliffe girls are also enrolled.

WAACS to Speak

In addition to the task of photographing and fingerprinting prospective enrollees, there will be short preliminary addresses by staff officers of the First Fighter Command, and also WAAC officers.

The Army has already indicated that such civilian defense work as that in the interceptor command would be considered one of the better forms of premilitary training, and that such work would be extremely valuable to prospective members of the armed forces.