FUND AT $8000 AS DRIVE GOES INTO FINAL WEEK

$1250 from Winthrop Heads House Totals

Its goal finally in sight, the Harvard Service Fund will end its active canvassing this week, John Richardson, Jr. '43, treasurer of the drive, announced last night. A total of $8000 has been collected since registration, and when the remaining contributions pledged have been collected in the next few days, the minimum set in the fall will be reached.

"All those who have pledged or who wish to contribute to the drive and have not yet been contacted should mail their donations to Phillips Brooks House," Richardson said, as he stressed that there existed a moral although not a legal obligation for pledges signed at registration.

Winthrop Far Ahead

From returns available last night it was clear that Winthrop House, so far the only one to excede its quota, was still far in the lead with a total of $1,250 collected. Well on their way to completion were drives in Adams and Leverett, while Lowell and Dunster still lagged in the cellar.

Largest untapped reservoir remains the commuters center at Dudley Hall, where the difficult task of contacting non-resident members of the College was only progressing slowly.

"If the goal is reached in the final spurt this week, we can assure the undergraduate body that no separate Red Cross canvass will be necessary," Richardson stated. The feature which distinguished this year's drive from all previous was the integration of all charity drives under one which would take care of College, as well as community needs.