ELLISON UP FOR HEAD OF WAR SERVICE GROUP

Nominated as Successor to Yarmolinsky in War Work

Adam Yarmolinsky '43, announced last night his nomination of Jack Ellison '43 to succeed him as Chariman of the Harvard War Service Committee.

Ellison was head of the bond and stamp-selling division of the committee, having succeeded Richard Swift '44, in the previous change of officers. Under his tutelage, such innovations as the selling of bonds at foot ball games by auctioning off the ball to the highest bidder, were introduced.

Blood Donations Discussed

At the meeting of the W.S.C. at which Yarmolinsky announced his choice, the pressing need for blood donations was also discussed. Yarmolinsky suggested that House representatives by used to make an intensive door to door campaign in an attempt to make people realize the crucial shortage of blood plasma.

Another problem brought up at the meeting was the sale of Defense Stamps. A Radcliffe member presented the novel idea used for selling stamps at Radcliffe of having the equipping of three airplane pilots a month as the goal of their donations.

Another one of Ellison's ideas while head of the bonds and stamps division of the W.S.C. was to offer pictures by Milton Caniff, the well-known cartoonist, to the Houses buying the most bonds and stamps.