PRINCETONIAN TO COME OUT 3 TIMES A WEEK THIS SEMESTER

Is to be Published Daily During the Summer Session

Continuing its exam and reading period policy of three issues a week, the Daily Princetonian has inaugurated a regular policy of putting out three papers a week for the remainder of the college year and publishing six times a week during the summer sessions, it was recently announced by Francis L. Broderick, chairman of the undergraduate daily.

Simultaneously, it was also announced that the Princetonian will continue its abbreviated exam period schedule of publishing three bulletins a week for the rest of the year. The number of times a week the bulletins will appear during the summer has not been determined as yet.

War Causes Change

Made necessary by the outbreak of the war, the paper's sudden change of policy was determined when the Princetonian realized that in a university at war "extra-curricular activities usual" were out of the questions.

"The decision was made," Broderick stated, "because the scholastic pinch of the accelerated program is making it impossible for news editors to devote enough time to the "Prince" to bring out six full-sized papers a week. Secondly, the war has heavily curtailed advertising for college newspapers. And finally, the board expects that the consequent economy of expenses will permit it to continue publication next summer."

No News From Yale

As yet, the Yale Daily News has made no official announcement about what changes, if any, it will make in its policy because of the war. In a telegram to the CRIMSON last night, the News said that for the present it would continue to publish six issues a week.

This new system of news board competition is designed to suit the needs of the "heelers" who are intending to take the accelerated program. With the revised publishing schedule of three issues a week, this new type of competition will considerably reduce the amount of work required of each candidate for the board.