YARDLING SQUADS WIN ON RINK, COURT, MATS

Guidaitis Elected To Wrestling Captaincy

Three Yardling aggregations garnered decisive victories yesterday afternoon. The hockey team notched its seventh straight win with a 3 to 0 shutout of Milton at Milton, the quintet journeyed to the same school to turn back the schoolboys 41 to 29, and Chief Boston's grapplers mashed Andover 22 to 8 on the Indoor Athletic Building mats.

Charlie Guidaitis, gridiron end and 175-pound standby for the grapplers, was elected captain of the team by his colleagues at a meeting after the Andover meet.

Sextet Wins Sloppy Battle

In coming up with victory number seven of the current campaign, Coach John Chase's hopefuls needed plenty of help from the opposition.

All the scoring came in the second stanza. First Ned Harding got credit for a tally when a Milton player kicked the puck into the twines after a scrimmage in the prep school goalmouth, and then Bill Hamlen was granted a score on a similar play. The final goal came when Art Lee rang the bell on a pass from Dick Whittington.

In the other contest at Milton, the Freshman cagers had little trouble with their prep opponents. Using eighteen men, Coach Al McCoy guided his hoopsters to their fifth triumph in seven starts.

Paced by Bixler and Dean Hennessey, who contributed nine points to the victor's total, the first five drew away to a 13 point lead at the end of the opening period. Relying mainly on second and third stringers, McCoy uncovered Tom Noonan and Dan Garelick, who lead the scrubs to a 27-12 lead at half-time.

Retaining their lead through a dull second half, the '45 aggregation managed to finish in front without much trouble. The Yardlings finish a busy week against the Boston Boy's Club, Saturday.

Despite the absence of heavyweight Frank French the Yardling wrestlers had no trouble downing Andover. The visitors took only the 121 and 128-pound matches; the latter Captain Al McNulty won by pinning Fred Greenhalge.

Newly-elected Captain Charlie Gudaitis won his match by a fall as did Doug Barr in the 165-pound class. Al Page, Gus Hemenway, Tom Cochran, and Dick Albion won for the Crimson by decisions.