CRIMSON SIX FACES CRUCIAL TEST TONIGHT IN TIGER FRAY

Encounter to Decide Third Place Occupant in League

By John C. Bullard

The future of the Varsity hockey team will be pretty well decided after tonight. By that time the Crimson will have taken on Princeton in a battle for third place in the Pentagonal League.

If they win, the puck chasers will establish themselves as a threat to the League leaders, and if not they will find themselves firmly entrenched in the second division, only a couple of stages above hapless Army.

Princeton Favored

On the basis of performances during the last two weeks it is hard to foresee a happy ending to the evening. Twice, playing against older opponents, the Crimson has assumed an early lead, only to lose it as the game progressed.

Princeton, on the other hand, has apparently snapped out of an early slump, and the 5 to 2 shellacking which Boston College received from the Bengals Thursday indicates that things in Tiger town are on the upswing. Last year Princeton won the League title, and with only two men missing from this championship squad, the Tigers are potentially powerful.

At Lake Placid Princeton won a closely contested three game series from the Crimson, taking the final game 3 to 2, after the teams had split the first two. In last year's games the Tigers were victorious, winning both by a one-goal margin.

Coach Chase does not plan any changes in the team which started the last two games. "Gipper" Gebelein and Albie Everts both were shaken up by the St. Nicks, but their condition is not bad enough to keep them out of action.