QUINTET TO MEET PRINCETON; NAVY MERMEN INVADE POOL

Ulenmen Favored To Sink Middies Today

By Burton E. Van vort

The Navy will train its big guns on the Crimson Varsity swimmers tonight at 7:30 o'clock in the Indoor Athletic Building, in an effort to crack the un-Interrupted string of victories which the Ulenmen have hung on the Middies since their competition began over six years ago.

Despite the fact that the Middies will be determined to win this event, it, nevertheless, seems to be a foregone conclusion that they will be unable to do the trick this year. In fact, it appears that Navy will be lucky to take more than two first places or to score more than 29 points.

Navy's only outstanding swimmer is Sophomore Al Gross, who will probably be entered in the 220 and 440 yard free styles. Having scored 16 points already in the current campaign, he is tied for third place with Fred Worthen of Dartmouth in the individual scoring of the Eastern Intercollegiate League.

Harvard's top man in the League's individual scoring is "Big John" Eusden, also a Sophomore, who is tied for sixth place with ten points. Eusden should double his total in this evening's meet, as he will probably take two first places in the 50 and 100 yard free styles respectively.

So far, neither team has run up an impressive record in its League encounters during the present season. Navy has lost to Yale and Princeton by decisive margins, while Dartmouth nosed out the Crimson by three points last week. Previous to the Dartmouth race, however, Harvard had won three meets in a row in non-League competition.