3 Champ House Teams Face Yale

Adams' Hoopstar Winners To Play at Saybrook Game

House champions in three sports will journey to Yale this weekend to compate with the winning Eli colleges. Two Kirkland teams and one Lowell aggregation will make the trip, as well as an Adams Gold Coast outfit which will play an exhibition challenge basketball game with Saybrook College.

Kirkland just missed having three championship teams when the Deacons' basketballers lost to the Bellboys last week in the playoff. Kirkland's squash and swimming teams, however, will face Yale's victorious Silliman College, whose teams were champs on the courts and in the pool.

The Gold Coasters have a standing rivalry with Saybrook College at Yale and compete with them in football, basketball and baseball whenever possible. The Adams team will play Saybrook tomorrow afternoon and will stay overnight, in Now Haven. Making the trip will be Dick Craig, Ray Holtao, Bill Jackson, Tim Jenkins, Pete Macgowan, Phil Neagie, Bob Sadove, and Bill Wilcox.

The Bellboy hoopsters will meet the Calhoun College team on Saturday. The Lowell team has been undisputed league champ, winning 12 and dropping two, but lost to the Freshmen yesterday, 44-38, in a game characterized by ragged teamwork on the part of a substitute-riddled Bellboy outfit.

Making the trip this Saturday for Lowell will be Captain Bill Murphy, Dave Barnett, Dick Bloch, Jack Clarke, Don 'Davis, Bob Herberich, Bill Lewis, Jack Penson, Sheldon Sachs, Dick Sorlien, and Bill Thompson.

Kirkland's swimming team, league champ for the third consecutive year, expects to continue this year its record for Eli defeats. Pointmakers on the team include Bud Barnard, Mike Brody, Jack Eberie, Charles Gabsler, Bill Jay, A1 Mathis, Pete Robinson, and Mal Rowe.

The Deacon squash team is also repeating as league champ, although last year the Crimson racquetmen lost to Silliman 4 to 1.