FRESHMAN SQUADS TO BE CONTINUED

Coaches Say New Rules Will Not Stop '46 Participation

Three Varsity coaches voiced sentiment in favor of preserving Freshman intercollegiate competition despite Yardling eligibility for Varsity teams yesterday. All of the mentors expressed determination to help condition athletes to meet the need for physically fit men in the national emergency.

Dick Harlow, Varsity football coach, stated that plans were under way to organize a group of new Freshman football aspirants in the middle of August and train the group till the beginning of the regular season. Regarding the number of new men who would possibly make the Varsity squad as small, Harlow added that a complete Freshman team would probably compete in next year scheduled games.

Adolph Samborski '25, Freshman baseball coach, emphasized the difficulty that any Freshman team would have due to the 'proposed plan of enrollment at three different times. "It would be almost impossible to organize a good team, with men continually transferring to different classes," he said. But he did add that all efforts would be made to continue a Freshman schedule.

Commenting on the merits of the new eligibility plan. Varsity basketball mentor, Earl Brown asserted that everything depends on the quality of next year's material. "You can't tell how many new men will make the Varsity squad until you see them." Brown also hoped that a Freshman team would be maintained if it was at all possible. Brown was optimistic over possibilities of next year's class lending valuable support to the court squad.