Fencers Climax Season By Meeting Yale Squad Here

Crimson Favored to Win, Records Show

In their last match of the season, the Varsity and Freshman fencing teams will cross swords with Yale tomorrow afternoon in the Indoor Athletic Building. On the basis of past performances, the Crimson ought to be able to take over the Blue, but the Yale squad should give a good account of itself.

Yale has defeated Rutgers 15 to 12, Princeton 14 to 13, placed first in a triangular meet with Brown and M. I. T., and lost to Brown in a dual meet 14 to 13. The Crimson, on the other hand, defeated Brown 14 to 13, took Amherst 17 1/2 to 9 1/2, but lost to M. I. T. The team has shown steady improvement throughout the season.

Koch Only Senior

With Captain Koch the only Senior, the team is younger than usual and hasn't the experience of last year's squad. George White, a Junior, has given the most promise in the epee, taking third place in the Intercollegiate Pentagonal, and much is hoped of him tomorrow. George Wilbur, a Sophomore who has shown great promise, is scheduled to fence foil, but he may fence in all three weapons.

Coach Rene Perey has named George Wilbur, John Vaughan, and Koch for the foils, with Arthur von Mehren, Michael Olmsted, and George White in the epee, and Dick MacNeal, John Ward, and Harry Cooledge in the sabre.

With Captain Rowland Gaeta and John Thompson the only members of the Yardling squad who have had any previous experience, the '45 foilmen haven't done so well this season. Only Don Edwards in the foil and John Duke in the epee have shown marked improvement.

Fencing in the foil for the '45 team will be Edwards, Gaeta, and John Thompson; John Duke, Carl Johnson, Bob Miller, and Mart Singer in the epee, and Art DuBois, Kibbey Horne, and Carl Kuhlman in the sabre.