Harlow to Start Spring Football Practice Monday

Forte Leads 11 Letter Man Returning to Crimson Fold

Monday afternoon at 4:30 o'clock the opening of spring football practice begins the daily gridiron grind which will climax in the Yale game next November 21.

With Captain Don Forte the only remaining player who started the final contest last fall, Coach Dick Harlow faces the grim task of building an entirely now team. He has only 11 lettermen returning since the armed services and graduate schools will take the other 18.

No Coaching Changes

No change is expected in the football coaches, according to the H. A. A., and Harlow will still be assisted by Lyal Clark, Earl Brown, and Al McCoy.

In addition to Forte, the following lettermen will be ready for the opener against Penn on October 3: ends Jack Morgan, and Bill Barnes tackles Russ Standard and George Hibbard, guard Dick Row, center Lloyd Anderson, wingback Gordie Lyle and Clee O'Donnell, tallback Bill Wilson, and fullback Wayne Johnson.

Greener material for Harlow to shape are the Varsity and Jayvee squad men and Freshman gridders who will have a chance to exhibit their potentialities between Monday and May 1, excepting the week of spring vacation.