HOOPSTERS, MERMEN INVADE YALE FOR TUSSELS TONIGHT

Ulenmen Will Face Unbeaten Blue Team

By Burton VAN Vert

Harvard's Varsity swimmers will attempt to disprove the claim that anyone competing against Yale this year ends up as a mere "also-swam," when they meet the Blue mermen tonight at 7 o'clock in New Haven in the final dual meet of the season for both teams.

Despite the records which Yale has succeeded in ringing up this season and the seemingly hopeless task confronting anyone who races against such Eli swimmers as Howie Johnson, Jack Meyer and Danny Dannenbaum, Coach Hal Ulen undoubtedly expressed the entire team's determination when he said last night, "We're going into the meet with everything we've got, and we'll do our best to make a good showing in every event."

Eusden Main Crimson Hope

Main hope of the Crimson tankmen is "Big John" Eusden, Sophomore star who has been winning the 50 and 100 yard free styles in most of the meets in which he has competed this year. It is doubtful if Eusden can come close to beating Howie Johnson, but he might possibly throw a surprise into the Bulldog ranks by taking a second place in his free style specialties.

Incidentally, Eusden was the unwitting cause of a bad break, which will hurt the team tonight, when ace diver Shaw McCutcheon lost his balance while practicing early this week and fell, grazing Eusden, who was swimming under the high board at the time. McCutcheon suffered a wrenched shoulder, and it is doubtful that he will be able to compete in this evening's meet.

Curwen, Drucker May Place

Two other mermen whom the Crimson is counting on to take possible second places are Bus Curwen and Bill Drucker. Curwen will probably be entered in the breaststroke, and while he has little chance of beating Jack Meyer, he might take a second. Drucker, who might also take a second place, may well be swimming in his last Yale meet tonight, for, although only a Junior, he will probably enter Medical School next year.

Immediately subsequent to the Varsity meet, the Crimson Yardlings, paced by Captain Jim Hubbell, will meet the Eli Freshmen. Like the Crimson Varsity, the '45 tankmen are also rated as complete underdogs.

Yale's Freshman team is undefeated, having won 11 meets, including a lopsided victory over Andover which later turned around and decisively defeated the Yardlings 53 to 13. The record of the Yardling team is five meets won and four lost.