10 WILL SPEAK IN BOYLSTON COMPETITION

Five Prizes Offered To Annual Contest Winners

In the 126th annual contest for the Boylston Speaking Prizes, 10 undergraduates will deliver short addresses at 8 o'clock this evening in John Knowles Paine Hall of the Music Building.

Allowed to make their selections from almost any of the oratory and literature of the English language, the contestants are aiming for two $35, and three $25 rewards.

To be open to the public, the meeting is under the direction of Endicott Peabody 2nd, second marshal of the Senior Class. Serving as honorary judge again this year will be Charles Townsend Copeland '82, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory emeritus.

Ten Men to Speak

Scheduled to speak are Edwin E. Boysen '43, Alan S. Epstein '43, Stanley A. Freedman '43, Earl Montgomery, Jr. '43, William A. Schall '42, Joseph D. Scott '43, Norman S. Strearns '43, John W. Sullivan '44, Richard L. Weinberg '43, and A. Charles Wolf, Jr. '43.

Five men have been selected to judge the competition, which is under the general supervision of Robert S. Hillyer '17, Boylston Professor of Oratory. They are: Robert Bradford, Walter D. Edmonds '26, Wiliam C. Greene '11, associate professor of Greek and Latin, Willard L. Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School, and Mr. Edward A. Weeks.

Founded in 1817, in honor of Nicholas Boylston, the prizes are awarded annually in a competition open to Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. The men are judged on the basis of their delivery and the aptness of the subject chosen.