White, Ford Represent Crimson In Field Events At IC4A Meet Tonight

Injury to Pfister Prevents Appearance of Shot-Put Ace

By Melvin J. Kessel

Two of the most consistent winners on the Varsity track team, Mike Ford in the pole vault, and Tom White in the hammer-throw will represent the Crimson at the national indoor IC4A meet in Madison Square Garden tonight.

Ford has his favorite pole, with which he jumped 13 feet 11 1/4 inches to break the Harvard record in the Yale meet, safely packed and already on its way to New York. He is going to be out for the 14 foot mark Saturday night, and he will probably have to reach it to beat out New Hampshire University's Albert Morcum who has already jumped 14 feet 1 inch.

With a record unmarred by anything less than first place so far this season. Ford's chances in the national intercollegiate meet are rated as "excellent" by Coach Mikkola.

White in Slump

White won the 35-pound weight event at Yale, but he slumped to a third place last week at Dartmouth. Mikkola feels that White has a chance to place if he snaps back into his best form.

Because of a sprained wrist which has bothered him since the Dartmouth meet, Dick Pfister has decided to cancel his entry in the shotput. Pfister also has a record of firsts in every Varsity meet this year, and Mikkola thought his chances of placing in the IC4A would have been pretty good if he could have put the shot around the 48 foot mark.

The main reason for such a small Crimson delegation to the IC4A is that each competitor has to pay his own expenses but at the Heptagonal meet, which will be held here on May 16, Coach Mikkola will have his whole team available.