NEW CHAPEL DEDICATED AT ANDOVER HALL

Traditional Lectures Given By Niebuhr and Van Steere

Featured by the dedication of the new "Sperry Chapel" and by two traditional theological lectures, the Harvard Divinity School welcomed a hundred alumni yesterday on its Annual Visitation day.

In dedicating the oratory the Reverend Mr. Dan Huntington Fenn of Cambridge called it "a symbol of the deep affection we hold for Dean Sperry". The students dedicated the chapel to Dean Sperry because of the interest he had taken in it, and the esteem in which they held him.

Included among the noted clergymen present were the President of Yankton College, South Dakota, J. Lyle McCorison, the Reverend Dr. Sidney B. Snow president of Meadville Theological Seminary, Chicago, and two Army Chaplains, the Reverend Mr. Frank Crandall, and the Reverend Kenneth MacArthur.

In the luncheon meeting in the Farrar room following the morning service, the Reverend George S. Cooke of Northampton condemned the clergy who "didn't see the danger" and warned the nation to prepare but were rather a leading element in obstructing the attempts to re-arm.

Reinhold Neibuhr, of the Union Theological School, who delivered the traditional Dudleian lecture, pointed out that "everybody thinks he is righteous except the righteous."

Professor Van Steer delivering the Ingersoll Lecture, said, "there come moments by day and hours by night when each man must unmask and think of his own death."