May 17 Named for Heptagonal Meet

Strength of Inexperienced Track Squad not yet Known

In spite of accelerated programs and transportation difficulties, all of the seven colleges that are members of the Heptagonal League have announced that they will be at the stadium on May 16 for their eighth annual track meet.

At present, it is impossible to predict any kind of an outcome, because few of the institutions have begun their schedule of dual meets as yet. Pennsylvania is the defending champion, having won the meet in Princeton's Palmer Stadium last year with 58 points.

Fifteen events, seven of them field competitions, are expected to be run off, beginning at 1 o'clock with the hammer and javelin throws. It will be a heavy weekend in Cambridge, and so the meet has been telescoped to allow virtually continuous action.

Crimson Squad Green

Coach Jaakko Mikkola's inexperienced Crimson squad is still a question mark as far as the result of the annual contest is concerned. With very green dashmen, and equally grass-colored quarter and half milers, the main burden of upholding the Crimson end of the meet would seem, at the present time, to rest on the shoulders of Johnny Bunker, Dick Pfister, and Mike Ford in the field events, and Bill Palson, Captain Bob Houghton, and Don MacKinnon in the races.

But since the Heptagonals do not occur for a month yet, the Dartmouth and the quadrangular Holy Cross, Northeastern, and Rhode Island State meets come first, and should give the Crimson runners their much-needed experience.