TWO BANDS WILL PLAY AT JUBILEE ON MAY 15

Dance Innovation Smashes Tradition

For the first time in history, the Jubilee will feature two bands and continuous dancing, Chairman Oliver D. Filley, Jr. announced last night. Except for a mid-night supper, the Yardlings will be able to dance uninterruptedly from 10 to 3 o'clock on May 15.

Led by Georgie Auld and Rudy Wallace, respectively, both bands are relatively new, and their choice is in line with the recent Jubilee policy of choosing bands on their way to the top rather than the older organizations. This plan hit the jackpot the last two years with Will Bradley and Bobby Byrne.

Played with Goodman, Shaw

Auld, formerly lead tenor sax with Bennie Goodman and Artie Shaw, started his own orchestra about three months ago, and has been steadily on the upgrade ever since. He has already been recognized by swing circles as one of the coming commercial outfits, on the basis of his recordings and dance and theatre dates.

The opposition on the forthcoming "Battle of the Bands" will be furnished by Rudy Wallace, last seen here at the Lowell House Winter Formal. He has been making a specialty of college dances, playing at the Maine Winter Carnival as well as at Colby and Wellesley, while a week before the Yardling affair he will be at the Boston College Junior Prom at the Statler.

At the meeting last night, Filley also announced the appointment to the Committee of Robert F. Keahey, Robert S. Landau, and David Levin, bringing the total membership to nine.