Hausserman Chosen Class Agent by Senior Officers

Agent Must Collect $100,000 for Fund

O. William Haussermann, Jr. '42, of Adams House and Milton has been chosen permanent Class Agent for the Harvard Fund in the unanimous recommendation of the Senior Class officers. The announcement of Hausserman's appointment was made last night by David McCord '21, executive secretary of the Fund.

This position places Haussermann in charge of collecting the $100,000 gift given by each on its twenty-fifth anniversary to the University. Also, according to the class constitution, he automatically becomes a member of the Permanent Class Committee.

Most Active Alumni

The Harvard Fund, founded in 1925 is one of the most active Harvard Alumni organizations. Its purpose is to secure voluntary contributions for the unrestricted use of the College and the Graduate Schools.

For the past eight years the Fund has annually enrolled more contributors than any other in America. More than 24,000 individual alumni have contributed to it, two-thirds of the living graduates of the College, and they have given in sixteen years over $3,100.000. Last year alone 11,504 alumni were contributors.