Mrs. Roosevelt Will Speak Over Network

First Lady's Address Scheduled for May 12; Subject of 15-Minute Broadcast Undecided

Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt, wife of the President, will speak over the Crimson Network on May 12, Richard P. Kleeman '44, program director, announced yesterday. Although her subject is not set definitely as yet, it is believed that she will discuss problems facing youth in a world at war.

Here to speak in Boston that day, Mrs. Roosevelt agreed to pay her first visit to Harvard in over a year to talk over the undergraduate station. The program will be in the late afternoon, and will last about 15 minutes. No other details of the broadcast have been arranged, since Kleeman just received the First Lady's acceptance yesterday.

This will be the first she has spoken to all students, and over the station. When she was here a year ago last February, she attended a closed meeting of the newly-formed HLU and urged it to represent all political opinions in its organization. She also advised that they take up local problems before going any farther afield.

The last formal visit she paid to Harvard was two years ago, when she made a tour of inspection of the University, dined with the executive board of the Society of Harvard Dames, had tea with Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard Dames, and ended up a strenuous day with a dinner with President Conant and the Nieman Fellows.