'45 BASEBALL TEAM PLAYS AT MILTON

Rudman Will Pitch in Try For Third Straight Victory

Irv Rudman, who has allowed only one run in the 14 innings he has been on the mound, will try to add to his string of 10 scoreless frames when he takes the hill for the Yardling nine this afternoon at Milton Academy.

Howie Hodgson, out so far because of a bad wrist, will break into the lineup for the first time as catcher. Hoss Hamlen moves out from behind the plate and will take over first base, pushing George Casey out to left field.

Gallagher May Be Out

Another big shift is possible if shortstop Jim Gallagher decides to play football instead of baseball. Should he stay around for the final scrimmage, Jim Apthorp will be shifted over from third base, with Hugh Hadley coming in to cover the hot corner.

Rudman will have his work set out for him, since Milton is undefeated in four games so far this season. The Academy has beaten St. George's, Governor Dummer, and Thayer so far.

The Freshmen have only a two-game winning streak to put up against this perfect record, snapping out of their see-saw of dropping every other game, to beat Boston University and Worcester Academy successively.

In the Worcester game, Brendan Reilly set down the opposition 6 to 4, allowing only five hits as his mates made six errors. Samborski's charges made up for this at the plate, making 15 hits, with Leahy, Apthorp, and Casey getting three apiece.