HALL LEADS STUDY IN SOUTH AMERICA

Answering an increasing demand from South American educational institutions for help in planning English language programs, Robert K. Hall, assistant to the director of the University Commission on English Language Studies, left last Monday for Buenos Aires, Argentina, to spend five months on the faculty of the Institute Cultural Argentine Norte Americano in that city.

During his absence Mr. Hall will direct research at the Institute of the first stages of English which the Commission has found the most practical method as yet devised. He will also study English teaching in Brazil, Chile, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.

The Commission on English Language Studies was set up last fall under the direction of Ivor A. Richards, University Lecturer noted for his writings on literary criticism, aesthetics and logic. The Commission is engaged at present on practical English instruction for foreign students and is undertaking a research program for the further development of English teaching methods in foreign countries.