'45 SPLITS DOUBLE EVENT WITH BLUE

Frank Coolidge led the powerful Yardling track team in its victory over Andover Saturday, with a first in the 220, the 100, and the broad jump, and in all these departments he chalked up the best performances turned in by a Crimson athlete this year.

With a 9.8 clocking in the 100, and a 21.4 time sing in the 220, Coolidge began to look like a second Pirnie, and when he leaped 22 feet, 3 inches in the broad jump, he was a second Pirnie.

Other important factors in the 79 2/3 to 40 1/2 shellacking were Wes Fllnt's double win in the two hurdle events, both in stellar time, and Pete Garland's shot put and high jump victories.

'45 Nine Loses 2 to 1

Brendon Reilly lost a heart-breaker Saturday afternoon at Andover, where the Yardling baseball team dropped a 2 to 1 verdict to the Royal Blue in the last half of the ninth.

Both teams scored in the first frame, and thereafter the game rolled on without a tally, neither side threatening seriously. In the first half of the ninth, the Yardlings had runners on first and second, but Tommy Ayres and Don Richards failed to supply the needed bingle. Then an Andover man went to first on Jim Gallagher's error, was sacrificed to second, and rode home on pitcher Andy Machaj's single to left.