PARADE TO BE HELD SUNDAY AT STADIUM

Harvard Groups Will March On "I am an American" Day

Calling on all students of the University to participate in a gigantic "I Am an American Day" parade, Mayor Maurice J. Tobin of Boston announced that already members of such organizations as Phillips Brooks House, military ROTC, and the Student Council, have volunteered to take part in the celebration.

Carrying placards describing their part in the war effort, members of the War Service Committee will march, besides representatives of the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps, Several Army bands have promised to perform and Mayor Tobin is trying to secure the Harvard Band as well.

Soldiers Field Offered

Although the parade, which is designed to stress the unity of the American people, is scheduled to take place in Boston, the University has offered the use of Soldiers Field for the day.

J. Elden Sawhill '43, president of Phillips Brooks House, said last night that "it is hoped that all students who are doing war work, such as air raid wardens, spotters and blood donors, and these who are interested in doing something for the war effort, will 'join the parade'."

According to present plans, all students who intend to march will meet in front of the Coop at one o'clock Sunday afternoon. Where the parade will begin has not been definitely announced as yet.