'45 BASEBALL TEAM BEATS EXETER, 12-3

Generous Exeter pitchers allowed the Yardling baseball team 15 bases on balls Saturday, and the '45 outfit went on from there to bang out a 12 to 3 victory on Soldiers Field. Four big innings told the whole story in the Crimson triumph, and Irv Rudman set the Exonians down with six hits.

Of the 11 hits which rang off Freshman bats, Don Richards, Bill Hamlen, and Rudman accounted for seven. Richards had three for five, including a double, and the others gathered two safeties apiece. It was the seventh victory for Coach Adolph Samborski's charges, who have lost five.

Opens Crucial Week

The Yardlings thus started off on the right foot in approaching the final crucial week of their season. Tomorrow Governor Dummer provides the opposition, and the Yale game on Thursday will be played at New Haven.

Winner of the Freshman managerial competition was Thomas D. Connolly, Jr. '45, of Rye, New York and Straus Hall, it was announced last night.

The Freshman summary: Gallagher, ss  3  1  1  3  4  1 Apthorp, 3b  3  1  0  3  3  1 Leahy, 2b  4  2  0  4  4  0 Richards, lf  5  3  3  2  0  0 Ready, cf  5  2  1  0  0  0 Hamlen, c, 1b  3  1  2  4  0  1 McAuliffe, 1b  3  2  1  9  1  0 Hadley, rf  0  0  0  0  0  0 Williams, rf  1  0  0  0  0  0 Barron, rf, c  1  0  1  2  2  0 Rudman, p  5  0  2  0  4  0   --  --  --  --  --  -- Totals  33  12  11  27  18  3