VARSITY MUST WIN TWO AT DARTMOUTH TODAY

Clay May Hold First If Fitzgibbons Out

With Coach Floyd Stahl already stumped on his pitching problem for this vital week of League competition, Ned Fitzgibbons has turned up with a cold which complicates the entire situation.

The Varsity nine meets Dartmouth at Hanover this afternoon in a double-header which the Crimson will have to sweep to advance in the League standings. At present, the Indians are in third, 71 points behind the Varsity.

Clay May Play First

If Fitzgibbons is forced to the sidelines, Lou Clay will be Stahl's choice to guard the initial sack. Clay has had enough experience at that post, but his pitching duties have kept him occupied this spring.

Mort Waldstein will start the first game, and, if Clay has to fill in at first, Warren Berg will go the second and Clay face Princeton Saturday. If Fitzgibbons can play, Clay looks like the most likely starter for the twilight half. However it works out, Brooks Heath and Waldstein will split the left field duties and Cleo O'Donnell will play center.

Dartmouth will offer the Varsity some of its toughest competition to date. Leading the League in fielding the Indians are powerhouses at the plate. In righthand curve-ballers will Gray and Bill Parmer they have two pitchers who might well stifle the Crimson's bats.