WAR EXPERTS WILL GATHER HERE MAY 18

Nieman's Study to Include Speakers MacLeish, Price

Forty experts in a broad range of topics concerning the war will address a two-week conference organized by the Nieman Foundation for May 18 to May 29. Delegates from more than 50 leading newspapers and periodicals have been invited to join this most comprehensive of war studies and hear such well-known speakers as Archibald MacLeish and Byron Price.

Under the name the "Institute of War Problems," Nieman Curator Louis M. Lyons has outlined two dozen subjects for discussion ranging from Geography of Strategy to Post-War Employment and the National Debt. The meetings will be closed to the public and much of the material involved not released.

Famous Specialists to Speak

Among the renowned outsiders participating in the Institute will be Archibald MacLeish, director of the OFF; Nicholas J. Spykman, author of "American Strategy in World Politics"; censor Byron Price; John Foster of the British Embassy; and Major Alexander P. de Seversky, author of "Victory Through Air Power." Walter Lippman is expected to attend but is not scheduled to speak.

In addition, prominent members of the University will address the sessions and dinners including President Conant and Professors Andre Morize, Sidney B. Fay, William Y. Elliott, Arthur Schlesinger, and Alvin H. Hansen.

30 Papers Send Delegates

At least 30 papers have already named representatives from among their editors, editorial writers, and writers on the war's background. They will come from as far away as California, Texas, and the State of Washington. These journalists will room in the College Houses and dormitories and will have eating privileges at the Faculty Club. The Chess Room in the Union will be reserved for their use.