Volunteers Needed For Orderly Work

Pre-medical students who want a chance to get practical experience, or others who are anxious to help the war effort along the home front, were urged to join the Harvard Volunteer Orderlies by Clarence E. Walton, head of the Order Department in Widener.

One group of volunteer orderlies has been working at the Massachusetts General Hospital since the beginning of March. These men will meet next Wednesday at 7 o'clock in Moseley Hall to arrange a schedule that will run through the summer session.

Dr. Nathaniel Faxon, Director of the hospital, and Miss Sally Johnson, Superintendent of Nurses and Principal of the School of Nursing, will be the speakers.

The Harvard volunteers were organized by Walton and R. L. Work, Librarian of the New England Deposit Library. They are designed to assist the hospital in its loss of trained personnel to the armed services. More than 100 men were scheduled and put to work for the period ending June 5. During the past few weeks, a much smaller staff has carried on until summer plans could be put into operation. "It is for this purpose that the meeting will be held at the hospital next Wednesday." Walton said, "Any one who wished additional information concerning this volunteer service should consult Mr. Work or me.