Rain Cancels Service Tilt

Ball Team Has Full Schedule This Week

Rain washed out the Varsity's ball game with the Coast Guard Receiving Station Saturday afternoon and left the team with the possibility of playing a four-game schedule in the next six days.

The service men could not definitely reschedule the contest before this morning, but indicated that tomorrow would be the likeliest date, with this afternoon as an alternative. If the game is played this week, it will have to be assimilated into a series including a return match with Fort Devens Wednesday, General Headquarters of the First Corps Area on Friday, and Brown on Saturday.

Pitching Presents Problem

Floyd Stahl's pitching assignments will be the chief worry with such an intense campaign. Joe Phelan is expected to hurl against the Coast Guard and Stahl wants to have Warren Berg ready for Brown. The two intermediate starters are in doubt with Bill Hoftyzer and Irv Rudman leading possibilities.

For the remainder of the line-up, Stahl will make no starting changes but has suggested that several of the more promising members of the Class of 1946 may be expected to make their debuts for the Crimson.

Poor Weather seemed to be a general complaint in the college circuit Saturday with Colgate's with over Brown the only major game to take place. Both Yale and Princeton had to postpone scheduled meetings.