War Stamps On Sale In Houses Thursday

After a successful ten-week trial period in Adams House, the sale of War Savings Stamps will begin tomorrow in three other Houses.

Planned by the War Service Committee, the program is designed to make the purchasing of War Savings Stamps more convenient for the average undergraduate. Stamps will be on sale Thursday at the noon and evening meals in Adams, Eliot, Leverett, and Winthrop Houses, and Tuesdays in Dunster, Kirkland, and Lowell. Adams House, which began its sales independently in April, has noted an almost unbroken rise in the amount of stamps sold each week. By last Thursday nearly $500 worth had been disposed of. This achievement was made without any soliciting, and the plan in operation there is substantially that to be introduced in the other Houses.

The capital investment and amounts are being taken care of by Phillips Brooks House which has fostered the plan from the start. Adams House sales are supervised by Richard N. Swift '44, who is the War Service representative in charge of War Stamps; in Eliot House, by James E. McNulty, Jr. '45; in Leverett, by Robert A. Koch '44; and in Winthrop by Henry A. Frey '44. Supervisors in the other Houses have not yet been named.