NO UPSETS MADE IN TENNIS TOURNEY

Barnaby is Satisfied With Playing of 1946 Prospects

With no upsets marring pre-tourney calculations, the first round of the University Tennis Tournament was completed Sunday. Al Everts, first-seeded player and number one man on the Varsity squad, swept aside George Rockwell with ease, and the other seeded entrants, Varsity men Hugh Hyde, Jim Jenkins, Dick Sorlein, and Tod Cohen also advanced into the second round.

Some of Coach Jack Barnaby's new Freshmen will get a chance to prove their worth in the tournament. Barnaby is pretty well a satisfied with the tennis displayed by the outstanding players of the Class of '46, especially by Vincent Brandt of St. George's.

California Has '46 Representative

Other prospects who have showed up well are Mal Moley, from that state of tennis champions, California, Houston Warren from Virginia, and two members of last year's Milton Academy team, Bannister and Molton.

There will be no separate Freshman team this summer of next spring for several good reasons. First of all, there is the lack of balls and the general financial stringency affecting all college athletics this summer. Moreover, under the accelerated program, Freshmen entering in June will only have two springs in which to play tennis and in this way can get a crack at the Varsity squad.

The Schedule of the tennis team is still marked mostly by open dates. In fact, the one match that hasn't been definitely cancelled for some reason or other, the one with the Business School tomorrow, is only on a tentative standing.