CRIMSON ED, BUSY, PHOTO, AND NEWS BOARDS, BEER OPEN TO '45 TONIGHT

Newsmen Sleuth As Photogs Click Along

The reporter's life is a happy one. And the reporter's life is open to all candidates for the News Board of the CRIMSON when the Sophomore competition begins at 7:30 o'clock Monday night at the beautiful red brick building on Plympton Street.

Newsmen write almost anything. They scour the University for interesting or queer professors. They can cover athletics, talk to coaches. They interview backstage. They probe and investigate and expose. All this is open to the news candidate.

Men of '45 would ordinarily not be eligible for the News Board as Sophomores. Now, however, they can get to know Harvard as they work for the CRIMSON. They may even get into Grays Hall this summer, on business.

Photomen There, Too

The camera backs up the reporter, and candidates for the Photographic Board back up the camera, with summer session activities including Grays Hall, providing the principal subjects.

Experience, while most helpful, is not essential, as the photo editors will be on hand, ready to assist in all details from darkroom technique to cheesecake. Among the CRIMSON's assets are a darkroom and numerous Speed Graphics, which the candidates are free to use at all times.