920 BLOOD DONORS TOP W S C VOLUNTEERS LIST

Committee Work To Begin Immediately

With 920 students signing up to give a pint of their blood to the Red Cross Bank, and hundreds of others enrolled for activities ranging from "confidential war work" to first aid courses, the War Service Committee last night announced the results of its questionnaire, distributed at registration, and tabulated during the past week by volunteer workers.

Already many of the activities under the direction of the Committee are under way, and each person who signed up for one is being notified by postcard when and where he can get started.

First Aid Has 353

Next in popularity after blood donating with its outpouring of 920 candidates, was the primary first aid course, which drew 353 prospective bandagers and splinters to sign up for the classes. There were 71 who felt ready for advanced training, and eight who volunteered to take the instructors' course.

"Confidential war work" was an attraction that drew 309 to sign up for duty with the First Interceptor Command. Their work will presumably include reporting and plotting of planes over Boston.

Two hundred and sixty-nine were interested in serving as hospital orderlies. These men will work at Massachusetts General Hospital, where the need for general assistants is urgent as a result of war demands on younger personnel. The Auxillary Police attracted 211 for duty in Harvard's own unit, organized to patrol the University, which is an air raid district in itself.

Office work with defense agencies in the Greater Boston district was applied for by 116 students, while a Continental Code course which will be valuable for anyone in the services and out drew 111.

Girls Serve as Hostesses

Many women students were among the 81 who volunteered as hosts, or hostesses, and guides at Army recreation centers, where they will help keep soldiers happy. Seventy-nine was the total that volunteered to act as War Service Committee Aides, and some of these have already been working tabulating the results of the cards.

Potential entertainers for service men and defense workers number 71, while 56 and 38 signed up for leading play schools and weekend outings, respectively.

These figures do not include Radcliffe undergraduates, or students in the secretarial course there, who also filled out cards.