Wanted: 400 Guinea Pigs

Three hours of your time next Monday night will perform an invaluable service for the U. S. Army Air Corps. The evening will be painless, cost no money, entail no obligation, and will probably be interesting to boot. The occasion is the new mental examination which the Army Air Corps has just devised, and which will be given its first tryout at Harvard. Four hundred undergraduates are needed to act as guinea pigs, and while many Freshmen have already volunteered, the services of at least 150 upperclassmen are urgently needed.

The Air Corps emphasizes the necessity of a revised system of testing its candidates for cadet posts, for the exam that has been used in the past was so easy that 89 out of the 90 Harvard men who took it passed with flying colors. It consisted mainly of choice questions, forcing the perplexed undergraduate to decide whether two times three equals five or seven. It is hoped that this new examination will be a fairer measure of intelligence, but whether it is used as a standard test depends mainly on the results of Monday night. Failure in it will in no way be held against anyone who may later aspire to a position in the Air Corps.

Here is Harvard's chance to prove that its patriotism is not confined to the coffee-tables of Hayes-Bickford. All you have to do is to fill out one of the cards which will be passed out in the House Dining Halls later this week, and appear at the proper place. Three hours on a Monday night is no great sacrifice, and you can feel sure that you are doing the Army a vital service.