Berg Pitches 6-3 Win Over Devens

Coast Guard Team Listed To Face Crimson Saturday

Catastrophic late-inning lapses had become a fatal habit with Coach Stahl's charges. But the picture changed yesterday when, behind Moe Berg's five-hit hurling, the Crimson struck early and hard for a six-run lead, and held the opposition to half that total for a 6 to 3 victory over the Fort Devens Recordation Center team at Soldiers Field.

The win served not only as revenge for a previous loss to the soldiers, but also brought the Crimson's summer record up to four wins and six losses. Berg on the mound and Need Fitzgibbons at the plate proved the shot-in-the-arm necessary to raise the team from the doldrums.

Fitzgibbons Effective With Bat

Fitzgizbbons sparked the big third inning with a homer to left center, which, in addition to a run-producing triple, established him as the big gun in the contest. Me Berg maintained himself at the top of the Varsity pitching staff by holding the hard-hitting Fort team to five hits, and displaying his customary control gave up only one walk.

Plenty of action is scheduled for the Varsity in the remaining weeks of the season which will be concluded by September 1. Definitely listed opponents are the Coast Guard Reception Center, this Saturday, and a return game with Brown on the twenty-eight.

The Harvard summary: ab  r  h  po  a  e Heath, lf  4  0  0  1  0  0 Fitz, 1b  4  0  0  15  0  0 Harvey, 2b  4  2  1  3  4  0 Fitzgibbons, cf  4  1  2  3  0  1 Barnes, rf  4  2  2  1  0  0 Gallagher, 3b  4  1  2  0  4  1 Drake, ss  4  0  1  3  5  0 Hamlen, c  4  0  3  1  0  0 Berg, p  3  0  1  0  2  0 35  6  12  27  15  2